Flat Roof Light Tunnel for EPDM Rubber Roofs
The SUNPIPE natural daylight flat roof light tunnel for EPDM rubber roofs directs sunlight into a room from roof level. The SUNPIPE collects daylight using a patented Diamond dome, using a silverised PVD coated mirror-finished aluminium tube to transfer light to a room, with a ceiling diffuser evenly distributing the light around the room. SUNPIPES are suited to almost any application and have been installed anywhere from residential bedrooms to the Olympic Handball Arena in London.
All Sunpipe systems are guaranteed for 10 years.
Monodraught Sunpipe for EPDM Rubber Flat Roofs
The Flat EPDM Rubber Roof Kit comprises a Patented Composite EPDM Flashing plate which is fully watertight and is designed to meet firestone's strict procedures for installation.
Sun Tunnels are designed specifically for spaces where standard roof windows cannot be installed and are the perfect option to bring natural daylight into your property; whether this is commercial or residential.
Available in 3 different sizes, the larger the size the more light the sun tunnel for flat roof will pass.
|Area to be Lit(To a Normal Daylight Condition)||SUNPIPE Size|
|Approx 14 m2 (150 Sq. ft.||300 mm (12” dia)|
|Approx 22 m2 (230 Sq. ft.)||450 mm (18” dia)|
|Approx 40 m2 (430 Sq. ft.)||530 mm (21” dia)|
Tables from research conducted by the University of Nottingham showing output of a 300 mm dia. SUNPIPE to a flat roof application.
|Overall Length (‘X’)||No. of Extensions|
|Up to 600 mm (4 ft)||None|
|Up to 1200 mm (4 ft)||One|
|1200 mm (4 ft) to 1800 mm (6 ft)||Two|
|1800 mm (6 ft) to 2400 mm (8 ft)||Three|
|2400 mm (8 ft) to 3000 mm (10 ft)||Four|
|2300 mm (10 ft) to 3660 mm (12 ft)||Five|
|Over 3660 mm (12 ft) add one length per extra 610 mm (2ft)|
Reduced Carbon Emissions
- Increased achievement rates
- Reduced fatigue factors
- Improved health and attendance
- Enhanced general development
- Combats the condition of SAD
- No maintenance no disruption
- Typical payback period of 5 - 6 years
- Addition of skylights proven to produce a 40% increase in sales
- 20% increase in employee output
- Reduced absence because of sickness
- Reduced instances of Sick Building Syndrome (SBS)
- Boosted levels of Dopamine, Endorphins, Cortisone, Testosterone in men, and Vitamin D