TAP12 Loft Hatch Fitting Instructions
1. To remove the door, Open the door, remove the nuts and washers from the piano hinge system and lift the door out.
2. Place the frame into the aperture ensuring the aperture is 7mm larger than the panel size. If fire, acoustic or airtight rated apply intumescent acrylic mastic on the rear of the frame jamb prior to installing the frame.
3. Fix the frame into the aperture using all the fixing holes to secure in place. Ensure frame is square by measuring diagonally and flush to the ceiling
4. If the product is 3 point locking, drill clearance holes for the locking bars in the frame as indicated above.
5. Refit the door ensuring there is a 2mm gap between the door and frame before bolting the piano hinge back in place (hinge slots allow for adjustment). Lock the door in place with key provided and ensure the door is flush when closed.
6. For beaded framed, apply skrim tape prior to plastering. If fire, acoustic or airtight rated apply intumescent acrylic mastic to the rear of the frame, normally 5mm wide sealing to the supporting construction.